Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Skipping Stones Design #87-Victorian Summer Butterflies

I stamped the butterflies from the new set Victorian Summer in Blushing Bride on white cardstock, then stamped them again in White Craft ink on pink vellum, cut them out and added some pretty pink pearls.  I really don't use pink very much, tend to lean more toward the masculine or earth tones, but I like the way the vellum and pearls turned out.  I also changed up the sketch a little, which is odd for me, I usually follow the sketch to a fault!

Check out the other DT members creations at Skipping Stones Design.   Be sure to play along and use SSD 87 if you upload to any on line galleries. Here's the sketch for this week:

 Here's our great line up for August:
Sketch Artist - Teri Anderson
Guests - Karen Baker, Kryssi Ng, Maureen Plut, Stephanie Mino

Here is the color inspiration from Play Date Cafe:

7 comments:

  1. how pretty, Barb! Love those butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, Barb! I love the pin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Barb!!! Wow, what a pretty card! Love the butterflies, and the color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barb, this is beautiful, those butterflies are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb....you have been making so darn darling cards lately!! That ribbon is fabulous!!! I hope you are enjoying your summer and your week will continue to be fabulous (just like your card!!)
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful!!! I absolutely adore the pink vellum for the butterflies. What a fantastic touch!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!