Sunday, February 19, 2012

OWH-Ribbon Challenge

This is for this months challenge at Operation Write Home-Our Daily Bread February Challenge to use ribbon on your card.  Our Daily Bread has generously offered to sponsor the shipping of a box of cards for every 25 cards submitted for the challenge...my card is number 50, so they'll sponsor 2 boxes again this month!

I know this looks a little sparkley for Operation Write Home, but the sparkle on the shoes is from Stickles and I promise I checked and double-checked for any glitter transfer, same with the sparkley ribbon.  As soon as I saw the 'no place like home' sentiment from Hero Arts I knew I wanted to pair it with these 'ruby slippers' from Skipping Stones Design, and the brick background stamp from Prima Clear Stamps.  Then I spotted some blue gingham ribbon in my stash to mimic Dorothy's dress.  What do you think, enough references to Wizard of Oz?

3 comments:

  1. Your card is simply darling! I think you have the Wizard of Oz covered - that blue and white ribbon is perfect as a reminder of Dorothy's dress. The shoes are so cute. Just love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute Barb! Love how you combined everything together it is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh, Barb! This card is so PERFECT for OWH! LOVE LOVE LOVE the sentiment, ruby slippers and gingham bow! Just so CLEVER and FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!