Sunday, February 28, 2016

Someone to watch over me


This is my tag for Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2016-February .  I wanted to use this sweet picture of my new grandaughter and her big brother, and when I saw the challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge-Inspired by a song I immediately thought of the old song Someone to Watch Over Me.
Also adding to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge-Anything Goes.

I am enjoying the technique challenges for the Tags of 2016, this is the first year I've played along. I haven't used the Texture Paste before and I didn't have any of the Valentine stencil words so I pulled out a metal dragonfly stencil from Dreamweavers.  The metal stencil makes the image a little thicker so I was careful to let it dry for a couple of hours before I heated the embossing powder.  I also didn't have any word strips with the sentiment so I created them in Excel with a black background and white font and printed it on cardstock.  I may use that again, I like the way it turned out!

Challenges:
http://timholtz.com/category/12-tags-of-2016/
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=4167 
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-anything-goes-24/




 Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Such a great tag ! What a gorgeous photo ! Could you please tag Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge too so you also qualify for our prize ?
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Barb on becoming a new grandmother! Lovely tag to commemorate! Glad you joined us for the Inspired by a Song challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!