Tuesday, April 5, 2016

All you need is love



One more submission for the Frilly and Funkie Challenge-Hip to be square.

I grew up in the Bay Area during the sixties and was able to go to lots of concerts during that time, like Janis Joplin, Jefferson Airplane, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Quicksilver Messenger Service... I was even lucky enough to see The Beatles at Candlestick Park in San Francisco when I was a Teeny Bopper.  Many memories... so all of these songs have been buzzing around in my head ever since the current challenge!  And, I also drove a little turquoise Volkswagen Bug.  I remember in 10th grade we got 10 people in that little thing just to see if we could!

I used my new Tim Holtz Thinlits Dies to cut out the 'love' and my Ranger Mini Distress Pads to ink up the background.  I also ran across a Tim Holtz Mini Mask set purchased a long time ago and never used!

There are always lots of submissions for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge-Anything Goes, but since they are featuring Ranger products this week I thought I would add to their collection of entries.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely card, the colours are blended beautifully! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be singing that song all night! LOVE the VW and the colors and the white!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That beetle car is groovy and perfect for the challenge! Lovely hip card! Sue is right now I am going to be singing that song all day! Thank you for joining in our fun "Hip to Be Square" challenge at Frilly and Funkie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this! so fun!!! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your win at Frilly and Funkie! Cute card! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your Top 3 win at Frilly and Funkie!! Love this card and the background colors you used!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!